Share your research with your peers in the Safety Profession. The second annual ASSE Interactive Research Poster Sessions at the Safety 2014 Professional Development Conference will be held June 8-11, 2014 in Orlando, FL. Safety, health and environmental educators, students, professionals, researchers and others are urged to submit original contributions related to the fields of safety, health and environment that can be displayed in an educational poster format.
The purpose of the Safety 2014 Interactive Research Poster Session is to provide a means of stimulating interest in safety, health and environmental research, as well as communicating other useful SH&E information to the profession to include best practices, new program initiatives, etc. In addition, send us your video presenting your poster. Videos will be available during the conference for attendees to vote for the "People's Choice" in addition to the best in each category. Selected videos will be included as a contributor in the ASSE Body of Knowledge (BOK)!
Safety 2014 Poster Sessions – Current Submissions
- Undergraduate Student
- Graduate Student (Full time student)
- Other (including Faculty and Government)
Complete the proposal form no later than March 7, 2014 and include a video presentation (2-3 minutes) explaining your poster. Posters are reviewed by a committee and those selected will be notified no later than April 4, 2014. If your Poster and Video is selected, your video presentation will be shown during the conference and attendees will have the opportunity to view and vote for their top poster presentation. In addition, your poster will be judged by a panel of ASSE members and Practice Specialty members and a winner from each of the three categories will be announced during Safety 2014 conference.
If selected to present at the conference, you will need to be available with your poster at select times during the conference for question and answer sessions regarding your poster. Additionally, as a networking opportunity, all Student and Graduate Students Poster presenters register as a Greeter and be available at a minimum of (2) events as a Greeter (General Session and/or Monday/Tuesday Expo Lunches)
Objectives of the Interactive Research Poster Sessions are to enable SH&E professionals to:
- Identify key issues in SH&E
- Expand their knowledge to improve their professional skills
- Prepare for the challenges in the SH&E fields
- Identify emerging issues relevant to the profession
- Contribute to the ASSE Body of Knowledge
ASSE’s Professional Conference connects peers, leaders in the field and others who share common goals, interests and needs
- Significant benefits are available to conference attendees, poster session presenter, and the companies they represent
- Students, many of whom are about to join the professional work force, profit significantly from the experience of meeting the practicing profession and presenting a poster session
- Poster presentations may reflect completed research or research in the final stages of the data collection, with preliminary results available.
- Video presents have the opportunity to contribute to the ASSE Body of Knowledge.
All submissions must include expected learning objectives to identify future/potential SH&E Good Practices. Student applicants are advised to have a Faculty Advisor review their abstract before submission. Structured abstracts should include only essential content areas for communicating educational and research information. "Purpose” and “methods" sections are required for all abstracts. Abstracts reflecting completed research must also contain “results” and “conclusions” sections.
The submission deadline is March 7, 2014. Include with your submission, a video, link to YouTube or a PowerPoint with audio explaining your poster. Your video will be on display at the conference for attendees to view and vote on. There is a limit of 2 poster submissions per person.
Presenters will be notified by email by April 4, 2014. Registration information will be provided at that time for those individuals who are presenting and a link to register to be a Greeter during the conference. No more that (2) presenters will be allowed to register as co-presenters for each poster session.
- Students and Graduate student presenters will receive a complimentary registration (up to two registrations per poster). In addition, each presenter will register to be a Greeter at the conference with a mandatory two event “Greeter” requirement.
- Other (including government and faculty) presenters will receive a $100 discount off the PDC applicable conference registration rate (up to two registrations per poster).
- You are responsible for your own hotel and travel arrangements. Please be sure to arrange your own travel transportation and hotel prior to the conference.
NOTE: Should your poster presentation be chosen to display at the PDC, ASSE retains the rights to publish any papers or video footage in its various publications and include in its Body of Knowledge.
- Confirmed poster presenters will be assigned space beginning Sunday, June 8 through Wednesday, June 11
- Poster display should be designed to fit on a standard bulletin board (4’ H x 8’ L)
- Small display table under each bulletin board can be used for additional materials
- Poster displays should be substantive and not advertisements
- Poster submitter is responsible for all expenses associated with the preparation, submission, presentation, and personal travel to attend the event
- Your poster must remain on display from Sunday, June 8 at 1:00pm until Wednesday, June 11 at 2:00pm.
- Poster setup is Sunday, June 8 prior to 1:00pm. Teardown is Wednesday, June 11 after 2:00pm. Any posters left after 4:30pm will be discarded
- There is no requirement for membership in ASSE, but registration for Safety 2014 is required.
- Video submissions are not mandatory but encouraged.
- Final number of accepted posters will depend on final space and logistics requirements.
Questions? Contact Cindy Milner at (847) 768-3448 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org